Michelle Krusiec

"What makes Alice Wu's debut so pleasurable is its easy rhythms, its sly juxtapositions, and its relaxed but funny performances. A generous straight man, Krusiec gives the film emotional heft...."---Slate

Meeting Mr. Lee
Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy 2009!

I'm delighted by the year so far because I ended 2008 with a great highlight! I saw Mr. Amazing Ang Lee in Taipei and was able to remind him that we should work together in the near future! Ha. Lets hope this isn't the only photo we'll have together. The first time I met Mr. Lee was at the 2005 Golden Horse Awards. I was presenting that year and Saving Face won the People's Choice Award for Best Film. In addition, I was nominated for Best Actress as well, so you know...memorable time for an actress. However, I think I gave possibly one of the most inarticulate acceptance speeches in mandarin for the People's Choice award, because my mandarin teacher said I HAD to try to speak mandarin and like a dutiful little girl, that's what I did -- I TRIED to speak mandarin. I look at that time very fondly, but in my mind, I omit the acceptance speech. Also there's a terrible photo on the internet that shows me accepting the award and I have a jowel. Anyhow, shortly following the awards, I stepped onto an elevator backstage and was joined by Ang in the elevator. I smiled politely (screaming in awe internally) and introduced myself. I was trying to play it cool, because I figured you know he'd just seen me on stage and then...I realized he heard my terrible mandarin. So, then I blubbered about my speech and he said something polite but I'm sure he was just being the nice, gentle, man everyone describes him as. Anyway, the next day I wanted to kick myself because I thought God, here's this great director who I'd love to work with, I shoulda screamed his name and said how much I LOVED HIS WORK and well, you know...show some passion for goodness sake! But nooooo, leave it to me, try and be cool! Keep it all in check.

So, this Golden Horse, I was certain to adore him properly at the afterparty. In fact, I think I turned our handshake into a groping of the forearm which transitioned into a bear hug (me to him). I think I even wrote on his napkin or something. Well, you get the idea....

Dear Mr. Lee,

Here's to 2009: A NEW SENSE OF PASSION

Love always, Michelle

Ang Lee and Michelle Krusiec

Labels:


Posted by Michelle @ 1/14/2009 08:00:00 PM




3 Comments:

At 15/1/09 09:10, Blogger Gabriel said...

Hi~michelle

I am come from Taipei Taiwan. My name is Gabriel Lin. I just want to say something to you. But my English is not good so i write down in Chinese. Because i want to show my mind more. So sorry~ Really Hope u can read with someone (maybe your teacther can hope).


As follows…

在我教會裡認識的朋友中有幾位算是藝人,但他們並非那麼的有名氣,而他們都堅持在走藝術的路,也常看見他們對工作上未知的未來感到~有些無助甚至恐懼,對於你寫的內容裡我感到非常的有同感及貼切,即使已經很有名的藝人了,仍然想要追求更高的發展,好比你也渴望想和李安這樣的大導安合作,更何況是那些一直還在起步的演員或是歌手,這樣的人實在是不少。
很開心因為面子認識你,很喜歡你在工作上的態度、更欣賞你的演出,希望你在這演藝的路上繼續加油,特別是現在要學習的中文上,藝人的路很辛苦,只為了表演的夢想,要付上的辛苦很多是不為人知的,但我想那是喜樂的~只因那是表演上的熱情。也希望你要有"信心",軟弱的時候就想想你的家鄉(台灣)除了家人外還有很多粉絲在一直支持你。
最後,祝福你在2009年有健康的身體、創作及更好的工作機會和影響力,全都超過你"所求所想",也祝福你台灣和美國兩邊的家人,祝福與你有關的一切。期待2009年在台灣有機會能再見到你,也期待你接下來表演上的呈現。上帝祝福你~

God bless and love u so much.^^
Gabriel~中文較能表達我的感受

 
At 15/1/09 22:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!
I came from Beijing, and studying in Claremont right now (near LA ).
Wanna say you did a real excellent job in Saving Face, lots of fans love u and ur performing. It is so cute and natural.
Hope can see more of your nice works in future~
Love SF so much, watched it for several times.
Cheers and best wishes.
mabel

 
At 28/1/09 06:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!!!michele!!I came from HeiLongjiang province,China.Thank you for your great performance in Saving face,True north and what happen in lasvegas.You are such a good actress.I 'm expected your next movie!!!!
I'm learning English in star college in Harbin.You empower me.Thank you so much !!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home