Michelle Krusiec

"What makes Alice Wu's debut so pleasurable is its easy rhythms, its sly juxtapositions, and its relaxed but funny performances. A generous straight man, Krusiec gives the film emotional heft...."---Slate

Visiting Taiwan
Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Here's some info the mandarin school I have studied at in the past.
In fact, this is where I prepared my mandarin for Saving Face. It's
quite a good school. It's called TLI www.tli.com.tw

I've been pretty happy with my learning experience there and thought
I'd plug their school because I just found out that the TAIPEI LANGUAGE INSTITUTE has become the 74th official testing center of HSK, the Chinese Proficiency Test. So, now I can actually come to Taiwan and do my mandarin studies and also take this proficiency test. I'm working on my fluency so hopefully in my interviews in Asia, you will be able to understand me more clearly. Everyone in the states, especially us ABC (American Born Chinese) types, are always asking me where I studied my mandarin, so check them out. A lot of my friends are coming back to Asia for work so you might see all of us here!

Visit Taiwan, eat amazing Taiwanese delicacies for like two bucks and learn mandarin!!!! Of course, I can't forget all the other amazing places in Asia, but since I'm in Taipei at the moment, I'm loving my time here.

Yesterday's menu. Breakfast: "dan bing" egg pancake! "Mi ling"
Sweet Soy bean milk
Box lunch: Roasted chicken "Ji tui"
Dinner: Ru Ro Fan, Chin Cai Tang, Pork with Rice and Soup with fresh vegetables!!!!!

TOTAL COST
$250 NT or
$8 USD

Labels:


Posted by Michelle @ 5/05/2009 06:36:00 PM




8 Comments:

At 5/5/09 22:26, Blogger NAOYA TAKEDA said...

良い学校似たい、頑張って^^
台湾の食べ物は本当に美味いしも安いし、
注意しないは太いますよ、気を付けたね:P

 
At 7/5/09 09:10, Anonymous Jin said...

i'm Jin from Malaysia...hope u all the best...and 加油!Take care there...see u^^

 
At 7/5/09 09:25, Blogger 瓜瓜 said...

wow
dan bing蛋餅
Mi ling米漿
Ji tui雞腿!?
Ru Ro Fan魯肉飯
Chin Cai Tang青菜湯

TIL is so nears my home!

 
At 7/5/09 09:35, Anonymous Jastina said...

非常希望您來高雄玩玩
我可以帶妳去吃一些不一樣的料理
也可以帶妳在高雄玩玩
難得在台灣的時間 盡情享受吧!!

 
At 9/5/09 09:39, Anonymous 天使豬 said...

When to Beijing ?望穿秋水中...
hehe~~~

 
At 11/5/09 06:26, Anonymous Cindy said...

I agree that learning Mandarin is hard! Though I also think learning any language is hard. I listen to CD's when I drive, walk my dog, etc. and practice characters while watching TV. I even have the most recent characters on my bathroom mirror so I can drill during the week. ...Maybe in another year or so I'll be able to carry on a conversation. That's my hope. Keep practicing and having a great time in Taipei!!

Cindy

 
At 18/5/09 01:19, Blogger Beh said...

其實大家的想法是一樣的。我們是習慣用華語(mandarin)和廣東(cantonese)話來溝通,所以英文難免就比較遜。相反的,習慣用英文溝通的,華語和廣東話就學得比較困難!所以,大家要一起努力!加油!我也是在努力學習英文。
有機會請來馬來西亞(Malaysia〕,這里也是美食天堂!

 
At 28/5/09 02:30, Anonymous Jess said...

ya, Malaysia also got many many delicious foods, but remember, don't go to famous place, ask local people to bring u there, sure can hv a gd gd time with all the delicious foods!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home